Hawaii State Airports In Need of Airport Screeners
In preparation for incoming travelers, the State of Hawaii is hiring 100 airport screeners to serve at airports across the state namely: Daniel K. Inouye International Airport on Oahu, the Hilo and Kona International Airports on Hawaii Island, Kahului Airport on Maui and Lihue Airport on Kauai.
According to the press release, screeners will be interacting with transpacific and international travelers and crewmembers to assist in verifying the Safe Travel requirement for all incoming travelers.
All airport screening employees, including existing and newly hired employees, will be receiving an incentive bonus of $300 to $400 monthly from now through December 25, 2021.
The state is using federal COVID-19 relief funds to contract Roberts Hawaii to oversee the Safe Travels program at all Hawaii airports until the end of the year. The press release states the contract is renewable as needed.
Airport screeners are expected to have the following minimum qualifications:
– High school diploma or equivalent
– Customer service experience or a combination of education and experience
– Fluency in English, both verbal and written
– Must be at least 18 years old
– Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends, evenings and holidays
– Ability to interact professionally with passengers, vendors, agents, clients, etc
– Basic iPhone, iPad and computer skills
For more information on the application process, visit robertshawaii.com or call (808) 539-9414.